Frozen fruits and vegetables are a kind of fruits and vegetables formed by placing fruits and vegetables in a certain low-temperature state, and the surface of fruits and vegetables is frozen. During the processing of frozen fruits and vegetables, the cell walls of fruits and vegetables will not be damaged. After thawing, vegetables have good reducibility, basically maintain the original color, aroma, taste, shape and nutritional components, and are convenient for storage and transportation. So some people question, if fruits and vegetables have been frozen, will it go bad? In fruit and vegetable processing, how long does frozen vegetables last?
What is the shelf life of frozen fruit?
Can frozen fruit spoil over time? Will not. Because according to the USDA, any frozen food is safe to use because bacteria and other pathogens cannot grow in temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit and below. However, the quality may change after a long time of freezing. Frozen burnt foods are safe to eat, but the taste may suffer.
What is the shelf life of frozen vegetables?
While salads don’t freeze well, frozen leftovers, vegetable soups, and stews can last up to 3 months in the refrigerator, according to the USDA. Frozen vegetables have the same lifespan as frozen fruit: if the temperature is low enough, they can last forever. Over time, texture, taste and quality may be affected.
How to freeze fruits and vegetables at home?
- First, clean the fruits and vegetables, and clean the fruits and vegetables that are not easy to clean.
- Prepare fruits and vegetables, peel and core the fruits and vegetables that need to be peeled.
- Cut the fruits and vegetables into small pieces, and blanch the vegetables with hot water.
- Remove the moisture from the surface of fruits and vegetables.
- Freeze the vegetables.
Frozen vegetables are becoming more and more popular in today’s era, because freezing vegetables is a way to preserve vegetables, which can not only maintain the nutrition of vegetables, but also prevent them from rotting. The casual frozen vegetable processing business is becoming more and more popular, and the number of frozen vegetable processing businesses is gradually increasing. For frozen vegetable processors, frozen vegetables also bring added value to vegetables and increase profits. If you are a vegetable grower and want to start a frozen vegetable processing business, you can watch the following content explaining how to freeze vegetables in a food processing plant.
Frozen Fruits And Vegetables Process
Raw material selection→cleaning→peeling and slicing→packaging→quick freezing→frozen storage
- The selection of raw materials requires the selection of fresh, pest-free fruits and vegetables.
- Washing and grading Wash off the mud, sand and microorganisms attached to the peel with clean water, and grade according to the size of the fruit.
- Peeling and core removal. Some fruits and vegetables need to be peeled and cored. For example, pineapple needs to be peeled and cored mechanically. For trimming, use a stainless steel knife to remove the residual skin and spots on the fruit, and clean it until it is clean, and then rinse it with water.
- Segmentation Segment according to the requirements of customers, can be cut into cubes or slices, etc.
- Blanching, for blanching is to eliminate the enzyme activity on the surface of fruits and vegetables, so that it is not easy to go bad.
- Air-drying, the blanched fruits and vegetables are air-dried to remove the moisture on the surface of the fruits and vegetables.
- Packaging. Fruits and vegetables can be packaged according to the needs. Generally, the packaging method of weighing and packaging is used to make the packaging uniform in size.
- Quick-freezing: Put the packaged fruits and vegetables in the cold storage to pre-cool to 0~5℃. Then send it to the freezing device to freeze quickly with -35°C cold air, so that the center temperature can drop below -15°C as soon as possible.
- Frozen storage The frozen products are then packed in cartons and then sent to the freezer for storage.
In fact, it is very simple to start a frozen processing business. You only need to have a set of frozen fruit and vegetable processing equipment to complete it. If you want to start a frozen processing business, you can leave a message to contact us at any time, and we will provide you with a solution.