Carrots are rich in vitamins, sugar, starch, potassium, calcium, iron and other nutrients and inorganic salts, especially the high content of carotene, which is 6 times that of tomato and 19 times that of Chinese cabbage. Because of its unique flavor, radish is rich in nutrition and has high medical and health value.
is a carrot a fruit？
Botanically, carrots are considered vegetables. More specifically, they are root vegetables, since they are the edible roots of carrot plants. It is widely cultivated all over the world. As a processing raw material, it is not only rich in resources but also economical and cheap.
According to the survey, the vitamin A intake of most children and students has not reached the nutritional standard. It is very necessary to equip a certain amount of carrot products in the nutrition and health food of infants, young children and school students and the convenience food between classes in order to ensure the healthy development of children, young children and students’ food plus technical papers.
What Are The Carrot Processing Technology?
- Production of carrot juice drink in carrot processing plant
Raw materials, cleaning, peeling, trimming, soft cooking, refining, blending, homogenizing, filling, sterilization, cooling
- Begin by selecting fresh raw materials and cleaning them using a carrot washing machine to remove any impurities.
- Subsequently, rinse the carrots with clean water until neutral to eliminate dirt from the epidermis, blackheads, and sunken parts.
- Trim the carrots and weigh them before placing them in a jacketed pot, adding water equivalent to 1 times the weight of the raw materials, and using citric acid to adjust the pH to 6. Boil the mixture for approximately 30 minutes.
- After the tissue is completely softened, utilize a colloid mill to refine the pulp, ensuring a material-to-water ratio of 1:1.
- Combine the carrot pulp with a 20% sugar solution to create a juice-like mixture, along with agar. Heat and melt the mixture, mixing it evenly, homogenizing it while it’s hot, degassing it at 90°C, and then promptly packaging it in a jar. Sterilize the jar at 100°C for 20 minutes and cool it rapidly to create carrot juice
- Fresh-cut carrot processing technology in carrot processing plant
- Fresh-cut carrot processing technology, also known as micro-processing products, originated in the United States. The fresh-cut process includes picking, cleaning and cutting, sterilization, blanching, air-drying, and packaging.
- First of all, choose carrots with bright color, uniform size, no pests, and no blemishes as raw materials.
- When cutting, the larger the cutting area, the more vulnerable the product will be.
- Remember to wash the carrots again after cutting.
- The cleaned carrots are then air-dried.
- The dried carrots can be weighed and packaged, and the packaged diced carrots can be directly sold to supermarkets.
- Production of low-sugar carrot puree in carrot processing plant
Process flow: raw material selection, cleaning, peeling, trimming, chopping, softening, beating, ingredients, concentration, canning, sterilization
- Select fresh raw materials, clean them and peel them in 8% NaOH solution for 1 minute,
- Rinse the lye with clean water to manually remove the green head and residual root dirt, etc., weigh them and place them in a sandwich pot
- Then add 0.75~1 times the raw material weight of water and use citric acid to adjust the p value to about 5.5
- Open the steam valve and heat until boiling for 25 minutes to soften until it is convenient for beating.
- The softened carrots were beaten while hot for 2 to 3 times to obtain a muddy slurry with fine tissue and no obvious flow.
- Stir and mix evenly according to the ratio of carrot pulp and white granulated sugar 2:1, then concentrate.
- When the concentration reaches 40% soluble solids, add spice water, starch emulsion, pectin and citric acid mixed solution in sequence and continue to concentrate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the soluble solid content of the starch gelatinized slurry reaches 40%-42%, put it out of the pot and put it in an instant high-temperature sterilization.
- Dehydrated carrot processing steps in carrot processing plant
- Before grading carrots, the dirt on fresh carrots should be cleaned, otherwise the grading elevator will be turbid, and then graded with carrot grading machine
- Wash and trim the tips and green parts of the carrots. Since the carrot peel is bitter, you can choose a carrot peeler to peel it.
- Cut carrots into coins about 18 inches (3 mm) thick. You can also shred carrots with a chopper and dry them for carrot cake.
- Blanching is an important part of carrot processing, it can maintain the bright orange color of carrots and shorten the rehydration time. The blanching machine can provide a wide range of vegetable blanching, automatic control system, moderate temperature. Can be adjusted according to your requirements.
- Then spread the carrot slices evenly on the tray of the carrot oven. Remember to leave space between the carrots so they don’t touch each other and allow the hot air to do its work.
- After final picking, the dehydrated carrots are ready to be packaged and labeled for sale.
Do you know about carrot processing technology? Generally, these types are common, so there are many processed carrots, and the processing prospects are very broad. Therefore, it is a very correct choice to start a carrot processing plant. And now there are carrot processing machinery, including carrot washing machine, carrot strip cutting machine, carrot blanching machine, carrot dicing machine, carrot juicer, carrot dehydrator, carrot packaging machine and so on.
We are carrot processing machinery manufacturer, if you are interested in carrot processing business, please feel free to contact us.